Fancy Schmantzy Fancy Schmantzy Fancy Schmantzy Fancy Schmantzy Fancy Schmantzy Fancy Schmantzy

Monday, September 23, 2013

Crafty


It's officially fall, let the crafting begin!  'Tis the season of pretty trees, comfy flannel shirts, and, of course, crafting with friends!  A few gals and I got together this weekend for a wreath-making bash, which, I must say, was surprisingly successful.  (Oh yeah, it helps when one of your friends works at Joann Fabrics...and knows everything about everything in the craft world.  SCORE!)

I went with some felt flowers, which were super easy to make, and added a few hints of faux berries.  All of these rosettes were made from about 6 sheets of felt (I bought 12...just in case!).  The bow was made with some scrap muslin that I tore into a long strip.  All in all, this project cost a whopping $13  (thanks to all my Michael's coupons)!




Helpful hints:
-a hot-glue gun is a must for this project.  Mine is the "high heat" mini gun from WalMart.
-use nice fabric scissors for cutting felt (makes detailed cutting SO much easier).
-be sure to bring champagne to share with friends, it lightens up the mood for all the OCD crafters...myself included in this category!

Cheers to craft season: may all your Pinterest DIY fantasies come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment